I'm always looking for new recipes for pie. Here's a shout out to a blog called
"Our Best Bites." How cool is this? A single serving pie in a small canning jar that you can make, bake and eat (or freeze for later). The original recipe is for fruit pie but in a new post "Shepherd's Pie" is the featured filling, no crust, potato/cheddar topping.
Shepherd's Pie in a Jar
Our Best Bites! What an awesome idea. I teach culinary arts, this just might work for my students. I know it will sell like hot cakes, oh, I mean hot pies at the church fair. I need to go buy some jars and give this a try. Thanks for the great link.
ReplyDeleteWhen I don't feel like baking the pie crust from scratch, I use Betty Crocker pie crust. It is very good! It is a nice flaky crust. Oh, and all you have to do is add water. I use it for my pot pies as well as my apple pies.
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea. I'm thinking those canning jars would be a great way to make individual mac and cheese. Such a comfort food.
ReplyDeleteThank you! My wife loves to cook and I am the recipient of some great eats. She saw the links here and I soon I will enjoying the great eats. I like watching Alton Brown and the science of cooking it's Bill Nye of cooking.
ReplyDelete