
Hungry Mother (see 3/22 post) was everything we hoped it would be. When we were contacted to confirm the reservation I explained about son's birthday and queried if they might have an appropriate dessert with a candle. The suggested dessert, Smith Island Cake, was unerring. Excellent wait staff, comfort food brought to the next level and a genuine interest in the customer's enjoyment. Started with the Bartender's Choice using dark rum: wow! future reference, always go with BC. Crisp, flavorful, on target! My main course was too salty. The staff removed it and ordered another portion. When informed that the components of the dish were already seasoned and would probably have the same saltiness an alternative was suggested that was perfect. My favorite dish?
 |
| Spring Dug Parsnip Soup with Maine PeekyToe Clam Hush-puppies |
I am in the next time you go! Where is this place and how expensive? I only ask because my one year wedding anniversary is coming up and I want to go somewhere new and great. My husband is a little picky with food but is willing, always, to try new places. This place sounds so sophisticated and yummy!
ReplyDelete